What if I don’t install a grease trap?
If your facility is in this category, and has been determined by the CCRWTF to need a GRD, you will have one year upon notification from the CCRWTF to install a grease interceptor where required. Upon exceeding this time frame, fines may be imposed for non-compliance. Current regulations state that a facility causing a sanitary sewer overflow (SSO) is in violation of the Clean Water Act and enforcement actions may have the facility pay for all costs involved.

Read the Rules and Regulations:

• Local Limitations
• Ordinance 30a
• Code of Federal Regulations (section 403.5 National pretreatment standards: Prohibited discharges)
• Plumbing Code

Show All Answers

1. Do I need a Wastewater Discharge Permit?
2. Do I need a grease interceptor?
3. What is a Grease Removal Device, (GRD)? How does it work?
4. Do I have a grease trap?
5. How should a Preferred Pumper, Waste Hauler or other rendering companies service my GRD?
6. What if I don’t install a grease trap?
7. How can I be sure I am in compliance with the rules?
8. What is the criterion for grease trap/interceptor inspections?
9. What about maintaining my GRD?
10. What about dental wastes?
11. What about paint waste?
12. How can I get more information?