News Flash Home
The original item was published from 8/3/2023 3:46:04 PM to 8/18/2023 11:38:57 AM.
Cedar City Updates
Posted on: August 1, 2023
[ARCHIVED] MONSOON SEASON INFORMATION
MONSOON SEASON INFORMATION:
City officials encourage all residents to clear your property of excessive brush, overgrowth, and debris to further mitigate any influx of water we may experience during a monsoon. Coming together as a neighborhood and community can help prepare us for a multitude of scenarios. Talk with your neighbors and get to know them in case extra help is needed before, during and after a flooding.
|Self-serve sandbags are available for residents while supplies last at the Cedar City Public Works building located at 716 N Airport Road or at the Iron County Animal Shelter located at 3109 N Iron Springs Road, Cedar City. If you are interested in helping pre-filling bags, call (435) 586-2912.|
INFORMATION DURING A MONSOON
|FOLLOW CEDAR CTY ONLINE:|
FOLLOW NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE
2022- 2023 CITY-WIDE INFRASTRUCTURE IMPROVEMENTS
With assistance from the federal government’s American Rescue Plan Act, Cedar City engineers worked to identify various locations and projects that were available for rapid improvements in preparation for the upcoming July/August monsoon season.
The Engineering Department and Street and Storm Drain Division completed projects this winter including:
- The Cody Drive storm drain project has been completed and Cody Drive is open again.
- Two 54-inch diameter culverts have been bored under the Center Street overpass on the west side of I-15.
- Concrete structures have been completed on both sides of the Center Street overpass at the culverts inlet and outlet.
- A project is substantially complete to capture drainage on Center Street just to the east of Ridge Road.
- Storm drain pipes are currently being installed from Center Street to 200 North (west of I-15). Those projects should be completed within the next month or so.
- The 800 West storm drain project from 200 South to 200 North is substantially complete, with a few minor items still to be completed.
- Cleaned coal creek from mouth of canyon to Airport split
- Cleaned out Woodbury split
- Maintained channel from woodbury split to ladybug nursery
- Cleaned out Airport diversion
- Maintained the basins at Fiddlers, Stephens and Rainbow.
- Maintained over 100 catch basins