Boards and Committees
Currently there no openings for committee members. However, if you'd like to serve on a committee, please contact Barbara Barrick at email@example.com.
- Airport Board
- Board of Adjustments
- Cedar Area Transportation Advancement Board
- Cedar Disability Awareness
- Cross Hollows Event Center Committee
- Downtown Parking Authority
- Frontier Homestead Board
- Library Board
- Leisure Services Advisory Committee
- Planning Commission
- RAP Tax - Arts Parks & Rec
- Historic Preservation Committee
- Historic Downtown Economic Committee
Secretary - Kathy Dahl
The Board meets every 2nd Thursday at 8:00 AM in the Airport Board Room.
- Appeals from administrative decision in applying the zoning ordinance i.e. building permit denials and administrative decisions relating to subdivision plats.
- Special exceptions to the Zoning Ordinance.
- Variances from the terms of the Zoning Ordinance.
- Appeals from decisions approving or denying an conditional use permit.
- Grants home occupation permits to qualified applicants wishing to conduct a business in their home.
The Board meets 1st Monday of the month at 5:15 in the Council Chambers
One member must be a member of the Planning Commission
Secretary - Kathy Dahl
The Board meets every 2nd Monday every other month at 4 PM in the Administrative Conference Room.
Secretary - Barbara Barrick
Meetings are the second Thursday at 11:30am in the Council Chambers.
There are not set terms for the committee.
Secretary - Ruth Sessions
- Propose rules, regulations, and policies for the operation of the downtown parking area.
- Propose an annual budget, including maintenance, snow removal, and propose annual parking authority assessments.
- Provide recommendations to change the geographic of the Parking Authority
Terms were set as per ordinance change in 2013.
Paula Mitchell - Chari
The Board meets every 3rd Thursday at 1 PM every other month at the Visitors Center.
- Institutes and revises all policies and procedures for the day to day operation of the Cedar City Library
- Supervises, cares for, and control the Library rooms and building.
- Makes recommendations and gives advice to the Cedar City Council on matters affecting the Library.
The Board meets on the 3rd Tuesday at 6 PM in the Special Collections Room at the Library.
- Provide recommendations to the Council related to naming of, hours of operation, fees to be charged, and types of operations allowed in new and/or existing public parks and grounds facilities.
- Provide a forum to evaluate public complaints and provide the City Council with recommended resolutions.
- Evaluate park, trail, and general recreation facilities and make prioritized recommendations to the City Council as to types of improvements in the parks and areas for expansion
- Consistent with the City's General Land Use Plan and Parks Master Plan, provide the City Council with recommendations as to future locations for parks and trail expansion.
- Provide the City Council with recommendations for leisure activities and programming that would benefit the public.
- Survey city residents in order to provide recommendations as to future priorities for trail and recreational facilities and programming.
- Provide recommendations as to the design of future city public parks and grounds
- Establish reasonably necessary advisory sub-committees, including but not limited to the following: Cross Hollows Events Center Advisory Sub-Committee, Veteran's Park Steering Committee, Trails Committee, Golf Course Advisory Committee, and Shade Tree Sub-Committee. These subcommittees shall at a minimum make quarterly reports to the Parks, Leisure and Recreation Advisory Committee. The sub-committees may make more frequent reports if necessary.
- Provide recommendations for both long range and short range planning related to parks, recreation facilities, trails, and public grounds.
- Make recommendations to the Parks Department and Leisure Services Department for annual RAP tax funding requests.
- Coordinate efforts with and receive regular updates from the City's events coordinator on matters related to the City's public parks and grounds.
The Board meets every 2nd Wednesday at Noon in the Council Chambers.
The Planning Commission also makes recommendations to the City Council for:
- Changes in the Zone Map, or the text of the Zoning Ordinance.
- Reviews proposed subdivisions, or subdivision changes.
- Reviews the widening, removal, extension, relocation, narrowing, vacation, abandonment, naming, change of use, acquisition of land for, or sale or release of any City Street, other public way, City easement or City property.
- Reviews proposed sale of City lands and makes recommendations to the City Council.
The Commission meets every 1st and 3rd Tuesday at 5:15 PM in the Council Chambers.
Secretary - Barbara Barrick
The Board has 2 meetings in July in the Council Chambers. Time is determined by the Committee.
Historic Downtown Economic Committee
The purpose of the Historic Downtown Economic Committee is to provide input and advice to the Cedar City Council on the following:
1. Propose innovative and efficient ways to effectively invest in the Historic Downtown district.
2. Propose economically viable policies that are conducive to the economic health and preservation of Historic Downtown.
The Historic Downtown area currently includes the entire block of Main Street from 200 South to the Iron County Tourism Building and 100 East to 300 West.
Secretary - Brad Abrams firstname.lastname@example.org
The Committee meets 1st Thursday of every month at 5:30 PM in the Council Chamber