Pool Rules & Regulations
Having entered the Cedar City Aquatic Center, either through payment of daily admission, annual or monthly pass, part of a rental, or any other means, each person or person(s) agrees to comply with the facility rules as outlined on the facility signs and as enforced by the lifeguards or any other facility employee. Failure to do so can result in expulsion from the facility either temporarily or in extreme cases permanently. In either case, there will be no refunds.
Maximum spa pool capacity is 13 persons.
General Pool Rules
- Aquatic diapers, plastic pants, and a swim suit are required for any child 3 years old and younger, or any individual who does not have bowel control.
- Children 5 and under must be in direct supervision and in the line of sight of a paying and swimming parent / guardian 18 years or older.
- Children ages 6 - 7 must be supervised by an individual 15 years or older.
- Cleansing shower is required by law before entering any pool, including the hot tub.
- Any person suspected of being under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be prohibited from entering the facility.
- Smoking is not allowed anywhere within the facility. This includes the outdoor deck and grass areas.
- Glass containers or any other breakable container is not allowed on the pool deck or anywhere else in the facility.
- No outside food is permitted.
- Food purchased at concessions is to be eaten in designated areas which must be at least 10 feet away from the edge of any swimming pool.
- Only approved bathing suits are allowed in the swimming pools. Cut-offs or any Levi or khaki material is not allowed in the pools. Patrons must wear appropriate, modest swim wear.
- No person with a communicable disease, open sore, or infection is allowed in any pool.
- The only approved flotation devices allowed in the pools are U.S. coast guard approved life jackets. Patrons can wear their own life jackets, but they must be U.S. coast guard approved. The Cedar City Aquatic Center provides Type II PFD U.S. coast guard approved life jackets.
- Noodles or other inflatable toys are not allowed in any pool.
- No running on the pool deck.
- No flips off the side of the deck.
- Non-swimmers are not allowed in the competition pool except for special occasions, in which the lifeguard staff will be notified in advance.
- Diving is not permitted in the shallow end. If swimmers want to dive into the pool, they must dive in the deep end (9 foot water depth is required to dive).
- Diving blocks are for competition use only or directly supervised by a coach during a lesson.
- Hanging on the lane lines is not permitted.
- If the lap lanes are crowded, swimmers must share either by splitting the lane or by circle swimming.
Hot Tub / Spa Rules
Maximum spa pool capacity is 13 persons.
- Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied and supervised by at least one responsible adult over the age of 18 years old, when life guards are not on duty.
- Children under the age of 5 years are prohibited from bathing in the hot tub or spa.
- Elderly persons and those suffering from heart disease, diabetes, or high blood pressure should consult a physician before using the spa.
- Persons suffering from a communicable disease transmissible via water may not use the spa pool.
- Persons using prescription medications should consult a physician before using the spa.
- Individuals under the influence of alcohol or other impairing chemical substances should not use the spa.
- Bathers should not use the spa alone.
- Pregnant women should not use the spa without consulting a physician.
- Persons should not spend more than 15 minutes in the spa in any one session.
- Running or engaging in unsafe activities or horseplay in or around the spa is prohibited.
Outdoor Diving Pool
- Any patron is allowed off the diving boards as long as they can swim back to safety without assistance.
- Parents cannot catch their child off the board.
- One person allowed on a diving board at a time.
- Only one bounce allowed when going off the board.
- During open swim, the deep end area is for diving board use only.
- No lingering on the walls in the diving area.
- No diving in the shallow end of the pool.
- Life jackets or any other floatation devices or objects are not allowed off the diving boards.
- No running.
- All rules and enforcement of rules are for the safety of the patrons. The lifeguards will stop any behavior or activity that they deem unsafe.
Exercise Room Rules
- Must be 16 years or older to use machines.
- Use machines at own risk.
- Must wear wristband.
- No rambunctious behavior.
- No food in the exercise room.
- No wet attire while operating exercise equipment.
- Be courteous with sharing time on machines.
- Staff may stop any behavior or activity that they deem unsafe.
- Anyone caught abusing machine will be asked to leave and will be banned from further use.
- These rules are subject to change at any time for any reason.